My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Monday, June 4, 2012

Reading and Writing and Reading and Writing...

And it goes on and on and on!


Last week I finished Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper. I really enjoyed the book and was glad it made it in my bag rather by accident. I wrote a slice about this one last week.

With it being the last week of school I am feeling pressured to make sure I don't leave a good book unopened. I hope to get through these this week along with the basket full I let them choose for our last week of read-alouds. 

I must admit this one is as much for me as it is for them! This one is great for showing a small moment and I hope will inspire some summer stories from my kiddos before they leave my nest this week! I can't wait to get my toes in some sand.


I also picked up a book I heard about on twitter from Penny Kittle, Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. The cover immediately intrigued me and then I read an excerpt and knew I needed to read this book. I hope to dive in soon, but it is sure to be a busy week ahead. I also recently got my hands on The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak and hope to get it started early next week as the end of the year take down pack up begins!

Picked up the audio version of Same Sun Here. I look forward to listening in on these characters talk to each other. 

Here it goes as I stare into a busy and emotional week of saying goodbye, writing reports, reading and participating in the Teachers Write virtual camp with Kate Messner and other great writers, bloggers and authors!



1 comment:

  1. Hannahlily • 1 week ago
    I am reading Same Sun Here too! Really enjoying it. The Book Thief is great, but be prepared to cry. I haven't heard of Beach Feet or Bag in the Wind. I must check those out!

    Linda Baie • 1 week ago
    Same Sun Here & The Book Thief-both wonderful! Thanks for telling about the Katherine Boo book-I'll look for it, Betsy. It's our last week too. Have a terrific time! The Beach Feet looks so cute-wish I had an ocean trip in my near future but not this year.

    megan 15p • 1 week ago
    I had a tough time starting The Book Thief, but then I got it on audio and it was a whole new story. The narrator is amazing and I found myself sitting in my driveway after work just to keep listening. All the praise is well deserved, I hope you enjoy it!

    Stacey 16p • 1 week ago
    I have to get a hold of Beach Feet before we head to Maine this summer. That's going on my Amazon wish list right now!

    Jen Vincent • 1 week ago
    Sooooo many great books! I love House Held Up By Trees and had to request Bag in the Wind from my library after reading it. Green was fun, my kids liked looking through the holes in the pages! I love The Book Thief. Wonderful book, loved the audio as well. AND Same Sun Here is one of my favorites from Candlewick this year. I love the relationship between Meena and River. Colby and I talked about it earlier this year on our blogs if you ever want to go back and look at them. :)

    Robin • 1 week ago
    Wow! This looks like a great stack of books! I would love to get my hands on The Book Thief, Beach Feet, Bag in the Wind and House Held Up By Sticks! I just added them to my library list for next week. I look forward to hearing more about Same Sun Here! Do tell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!