My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Conference Night

It is conference week. My long night happens to be this evening, so I am typing this quickly in between families. As exhausting as conferences are I honestly often have a great time. I really love to share the work students have been doing and there is always something positive to share with parents. I love watching the pride in their eyes when I am able to show a sample of writing from September and then now. It is so distinctly different and amazing.

6 comments:

  1. We only have conferences once a year in November. I don't think I could take another round however when there's good things to share, I see how it could be pleasurable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference days are exhausting. I'm sure the parents are so excited to see the change in their most precious person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. We have two conference days a year, and I always dread the thought of them. (Mostly, because I prefer my normal school day schedule). Bu tat the end of the day, the reward always seems to outweigh the exhaustion, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had an enjoyable conference evening. It always makes for a long day but I agree that it's nice to share the positive progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your night goes smoothly.....I KNOW it will FLY by...even though it makes for a LONG LONG day. Mine are on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the evening was terrific Betsy. Conferences for our students are next week, then spring break! A nice perk to celebrate the ending, then begin that long path to the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!