My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 22, 2013

I Want...


I want to cut the ribbons of doubt that tangle my thoughts and web my happiness.
I want to tear the teams of thread that block my will to be free.
I want to gleam in the river of light and swim in its ocean.
I want to pluck the petals of softness that would dampen this emotion.
I want to love with the fullest of love and feel with the fullest of feeling.
I want to step past the erosion that explodes from my every opening.
I want to lock those doors and wait for doubts defeat.
I want to let love fill and strengthen me. 


Join Greg at Gottabook, the host on this lovely Poetry Friday in March.

And...Why not slice up a poem for today's Slice of Life Challenge with Stacey and Ruth at Two Writing Teachers.


7 comments:

  1. Such powerful images plus alliteration for each line make this poem. Don't want much do you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this line:
    I want to gleam in the river of light and swim in its ocean.

    Beautiful poem, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images, each and every one, Betsy. I especially like the first line, "I want to cut the ribbons of doubt that tangle my thoughts and web my happiness." That 'ribbons of doubt' is a very real image. I'd love to see what a visual artist would do with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betsy, you got me with this one. The emotion is clear and strong in your word choice. The clincher line for me was this:

    "I want to step past the erosion that explodes from my every opening."

    Awesome...this is publishing your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such vivid descriptions! Your last line is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first two lines! I vote for a poem filled with sewing images!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!