My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 1, 2013

Let the Day Begin


Turn the page
today you can
if you couldn't before
your chapter begins
today
each day begins this way
a gracious gift
to live again
today
breathe life into your day
accept,
let go
forgive
exist
today is yours
to choose to be
to be you
let your day be free
Let the day begin.


Oh, today. Today is March 1. I wait for this day every year. I breathe joy into this day every year. This day is always a symbol of beginnings for me and beginnings are important. Sometimes we need a tangible day or moment to move past, move on, be free. Today is that day for me.
Today is also a two-fold post, Poetry Friday, which I have missed for several weeks and the beginning of the SOLC. Enjoy today and breathe.
It is just beginning.


9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are ready for this challenge. It is good to have a day that helps us move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Betsy, & this part of the poem just oozes with excitement: "accept,
    let go
    forgive
    exist" Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let your day be free, let the day begin." Love your welcoming start to this challenge! Your enthusiasm is so evident. I'm looking forward to this month of slices by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful words to launch into March. I love:
    "a gracious gift
    to live again"
    I will breath and enjoy today. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "To live again" those are some powerful words. It's always good to have a fresh start into something, and that's what starting this challenge does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many times you have "breathed life" into my world by your words. May you do that for many others in this March as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also look forward to March. I love a month of slicing and I love March in the classroom. I am feeling good about a month of slicing...bring it on! However, I'm less excited about March in the classroom. My class is different this year. I'm feeling like my usual March might be April this year. Scary but true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. accept
    let go
    forgive
    exist

    your words are beauty to my ears. so glad this day has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this inspiring poem. The rhythm is lovely and the positive energy is infectious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!