My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Something About Nothing...Or Not

Today was one of those productive busy days. I have a bunch of things I could write about but don't feel like I have anything to write about. So here I go, the post where you write about having nothing to write about...but we all know there is always something.
My kids and I worked on two experiments for the upcoming science fair. It was fun. We got to blow bubbles with all different shaped bubble wands for my daughter and make a tornado out of bottles for my son. Delightful. Displays are almost finished, even more delightful.
We went to a pretty trail by the river in town and walked to one of the lookout points. There was ice on the river in clear large triangular shapes, bobbing and sliding around on each other. It was so quiet, peaceful, cold and beautiful. I watched my kids delight in the very gray skied day made brighter by their smiles.
We went to the playground and they played tag with two other children. The only other children who had a parent silly enough to take their kids to a park on a cold day. It was fun watching our breath while we swung, ran and spun.
We went and got ice cream at the store because I believe in rebelling against the cold weather. "It is warm and I want ice cream," said my head. So we did.
We went home. Ate our ice cream. The sun came out. :)

12 comments:

  1. I love that you rebelled against the cold that is where I am too. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ending was perfect. We also had ice cream on this cold, Indiana day--our rebellion was against dinner--we just enjoyed dessert. But the sun was shining all afternoon. :) We hung out this evening and watched movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! These days of 'nothing' become few and far between as the kids grow up. Enjoy them! (The days and the kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy day with lots accomplished and time to play plus dessert. Glad you made the most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a significant something in the hum of a happy Saturday spent with family. There is beauty in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today you made memories. That is not "nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great day! The science projects sound like fun and I'm sure fun was had by all at the park...cold and all! As for the ice cream, I think I like the way you rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may have seemed like a "nothing" day, but there were lots of somethings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cold days are some of the best to be outside. I could watch our river in any season. It is endlessly fascinating. Yea for ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last line is something special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you got ice cream & I imagine the ice cream shop did too! Sounds like a very special time, Betsy. I love the part about your kids' smiles brightening the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ending, "We went home. Ate our ice cream. The sun came out. :)" What a perfect way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!