My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

And It Blooms...


Happy sigh. That is my feeling after the first six days of school. When I looked back at my first days of school post from last year, I am relieved to be in the position I am today.

Here is that short and sweet set of words from so long ago:

September 4, 2012
Today came and I conquered.

Which basically means:
I survived.
I got everyone home.

I am still awake and it is after 8:00 p.m. 
I am asking, "How will I do this?"
I am answering, "Any way possible."

Onward to tomorrow.


Today, on September 10, 2013 I am in a different place. All of the above still exist. I got everyone home. I conquered the day and I survived. I also am smiling...BIG! I have looped with my kindergarten students to first grade. A class that is not just perhaps the most challenging group of students I have taught, but most definitely is the most challenging group of students I have had in my short twelve year career. As I enter year thirteen I am inspired by my students and their ability to jump right back in to the workshop. I look around and it is as if we never left. I see and smell victory as I watch students use their playtime to write. I hear the silence of the writer in my classroom and I beam. I feel their love and their hearts beat as they walk through their ideas and land on their feet. 
We are landing, we are growing and we are loving it! 

7 comments:

  1. Betsy, it's like a reward for the hard, hard work you persisted in doing last year! What a terrific feeling it must be! Congrats on a wonderful six days! (I do remember your poem from last year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience for you! I hope you have a highly successful year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that you are looping with your class from last year. I think we need more of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to loop I'll bet it is a wonderful feeling for you and your kiddos. Happy new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet poem. And how special you are with the same students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this: I feel their love and their hearts beat as they walk through their ideas and land on their feet. This whole post makes me smile! What a year you will have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy,
    I am happy that you are happy! Have an awesome year! Hope you share more of your experiences with looping as the year moves on! Looking forward to your stories!

    ReplyDelete