My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Milestones


I watch milestones happen everyday. I am lucky that I get to watch children grow. This week I listened as one student jumped a reading level. I watched another beam at her "spelling power!" I witnessed another student reach out to a child suffering. As I stood back at writing workshop this week students were awesome. I saw a lot of good writing this week and we get to start fresh again on Monday. I saw students taking care of each other, having fun and continuing a community we formed long ago. I continue to be happy with my decision to loop with my students this year. It is a celebration that I get to watch them grow another year older, wiser as human beings and more caring for others as they mature.

Another celebration...I get to run a half-marathon tomorrow that I have been training for since June! Wish me luck. :)

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck and weather to you for tomorrow! I am so glad you share all the marvelous moments in your class each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your 13.1! My daughter ran one last year so I know the time, effort and dedication it takes! You will have something to celebrate next week. I look forward to celebrating "with" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck running tomorrow. I love the swirly nature of your list of celebrations. They are important, each one, and make a statement when put all together. Thanks for joining!
    Shine on,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. By now you are probably mid-run! Next Saturday we will be celebrating the fact that you did it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it's absolutely a wonderful day today, Betsy with your half-marathon-good for you! And it's fun to read of the classroom celebrations too. I always had students two years, sometimes three-it was a joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!