My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

All I Have

I am reflecting today as I was given terrible news of a colleagues hardship. I have worked with her for the past ten years watching her grow into a wonderful second grade teacher who is loved. This past school year her daughter was diagnosed with stage four cancer. She is a first grader now, a friend to my own daughter and a little fighter. She has made great progress in her battle and continues to be well taken care of by her parents, doctors and family. However, this morning the family's home burned down and they have lost everything. The family is safe and have a community rallying to care for them in this time of need. There is a wealth of people just waiting to do what they can for this family who is in so much need of support as they face again, another battle. I ask you today to please be reminded of all you have. I have been reminded today after hearing of so much loss and hard times this family has ahead.


11 comments:

  1. Oh, Betsy, this poor family, already enduring such hardship and now this further trauma. Please keep us all posted, and let me know if there is anything I can contribute towards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad for your friend. Losing a home to fire can be devastating. One of my colleagues experienced it last year. Seemed like nothing was going their way. But this Christmas they are back in a new home and celebrated joy together. My hope is your friend will find the resurrection after this tragic death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for this family. We never stop to think of all we have until there is some tragedy that touches us. They are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartbreaking. I pray for the little girl and her family to fight on one day at a time. They are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartbreaking....and all I can do for them is to pray...but I will do for someone else...and hope that others wrap their arms ,sweaters and love around them all....all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartbreaking. But I am glad there is a supportive community around the family.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard this from Robin also, would be happy to help if there is anything you'd like us to do. How terrible for your colleague to lose her home in the midst of this crisis with her daughter. Sending prayers your way Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Betsy, this is tragic. Is there something I could do to help??

    ReplyDelete
  9. The family will be in my thoughts. Good to know that there is a caring community to support them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, is that horrible. So good she has friends and support.
    Horrible. I'm not going to complain today about my little, annoying head cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its too bad that it takes a tragedy to make us think about what we have and how lucky we are, but often it does. This family's story is heartbreaking for sure, but hopefully the new year will bring some joy to them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!