My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 14, 2014

My To-Do List


It's quiet except for the plane flying over head and the loud banging of the door down the hall, okay, maybe not so quiet. The mini-fridge just kicked on and now there is a noisy hum too. I'm in my hotel room winding down from the day and preparing for tomorrow (MRA Conference). I am sitting here trying to decide what I want to do with the next two hours I have before bed. I need to go to the bookstore. I could do that right now. I need to read slices and comment. I need to finish this slice. Those all sound like good things. I should probably eat something and stop to buy a water somewhere.
Oh boy, now I hear a baby crying.
I'm beginning to worry about what kind of night sleep I'm going to get.
Then again, I am a sound sleeper usually and it is the end of a long week. I shouldn't need to worry.
Okay, what else do I need to do? Oh, right. I need to make a "plan B" session plan in case I get to a session and it is full. I need to find a place to eat breakfast. Hopefully there is a Panera close by. I was going to say, call my husband to tell him I've arrived safely, but he just called me, so I can check that off!
I think that should do it. Off I go!

7 comments:

  1. I love the stream of consciousness in this post. When I read the title I was envisioning bullets. Enjoy your day tomorrow, bring back some good learning to share and (hopefully) enjoy a good night's rest. Hopefully the baby sleeps well tonight too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the "quiet" ~ funny! Hope you enjoy your conference and complete your list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time at MRA and thanks for sharing all of your thoughts. I never really thought about writing that way. Maybe I will give it a try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we're in the hotel room, it seems weird doesn't it, don't have to cook, clean, do laundry-have to decide what else to do. Hope you have a great time, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of thoughts pass through our minds in a moment! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quiet, but in a different way. How fun to stop and notice all those sounds. Hope you enjoyed the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am teaching a Creative Writing class that will only have 6 short sessions, but I do believe I will show them your post as a prime example of stream of consciousness writing! Wonderful! I love how the quiet changes through the post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!