My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Gym


I can't believe it. I actually went and purchased a gym membership. I don't know how to feel. I have always been the kind of person that felt like, "hey, I can just do whatever at home, or run on the road, no biggie. Who needs the gym?" Well, apparently I do, cause I don't have a lot of weights and that is what I need, weight training. I have become so weak over the years, even with working out and running, I don't have the strength that I need. So my husband finally dragged me to his gym and I am a member. I don't even know when I will be able to go. I bought a book with several work out programs that there is no way I will be able to do with my schedule. I have a gym membership that I might be able to use on the weekend, seriously, what was I thinking?
Hmph, well, there goes that brilliant idea. At least it's only $10 a month.

14 comments:

  1. I love your post because I don't have a gym membership and have thoughts about it every time I drive by. I do work out at home but have talked myself out of a membership many times. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been paying for mine and used it for the first time today since summer. But mine is almost $100 a month. I went today and felt really good about myself for doing so. Try carving out a little time for yourself. If you really sit and look at your every hour, I bet you could find an hour here or there you could "relocate" to work out time. I'm trying to do that with my own time now. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are basically my exact thoughts about getting a gym membership!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess a membership is the first step! It's more than many can say, including myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a step ahead of me! I'm so weak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I bought one about this time last year and canceled it 6 months later since I wasn't using it. ;-) I hope you have better luck! That's a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the getting into the car and going that holds me back. Good for you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just getting there is half, if not more of the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just getting there is half, if not more of the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll tell you what I love that I pay for and can do from the comfort of my home: Pilates Anytime. Here's the link in case you don't land up loving the gym. (NOTE: IT's $18/month.)
    http://www.pilatesanytime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mental clarity it will bring will get you there, even if it is only on the weekend. I've been away from Zumba too long and my inability to deal with stress brought me back this weekend ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your gym membership! Two years ago I hired a personal trainer. It has been the best money I've spent on myself. I work out with her 2 days a week and am currently converting a room in my basement as a home gym for the other days.

    Best wishes on your new journey.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Years ago, when I was a young and very poor beginning teacher, I paid $300 for a gym membership. My dad had always told me not to buy on credit, but I did it anyway because I didn't have the $300 and I really wanted a gym membership. The gym went bankrupt a month later and I had to pay the whole $300! Never again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betsy, maybe you'll surprised. Give it a chance.

    For some reason, I loved the little 'hmph' at the end. I just picture you staring at your membership card, letting out a little hmph with a shrug of your shoulders. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!