My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Relentless Frenzy

What's this? Wait, this is familiar. It's been a while, but I remember this. I hate this, but I can handle this. I'll just sit for a minute, and it will pass.

Five minutes go by...

It's still here. Hmmm, okay. I'll go hide behind my desk and try to relax, try to will it away.

Ten minutes pass...

People are noticing. I can't hide it, and I see the worry in their eyes. I've done this before. I'll be okay. I can't seem to shake it though.

Thirty minutes pass...

I listen.
"What does he think?"
"We should call someone. This isn't right."

I hear the walkies, the conversation.
"The ambulance is here."
I've lost. I couldn't will it away. I wonder what it could be? Is it really something I can't understand?

IV
Fluids
Monitors
Meds
Bumpy roads
No lights
No siren
Wait
Wait

--"Hello Mrs. Hubbard, let's go over your information. Have you had any other symptoms? When did this start?" Etc. Etc. Etc.

Hours pass...

--"Everything came back okay. If you are feeling better, you can go home."

**********

That was my afternoon yesterday. A jarring and startling pain that caught me off guard. A spasm that I've had on many occasions, but it's been so long since I've felt pain like that.
A reminder.
Yet, everything is fine now.
A fluke?
I don't know.
Better safe than sorry but frustrating none the less. A reminder that sometimes we don't know what is happening to us. Sometimes we are reminded of those who care about us, for us.

5 comments:

  1. Scary! I'm glad you are okay. (Great slice though in terms of the tension! Just wish it weren't a true scary thing for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived moments like that. I'm never sure if the 'everything is fine' results are what I hope for or not. Sometimes it would be nice to know why these strange things happen. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Betsy, I am glad you were checked. But sorry for this mysterious scare. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds scary. I am glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!