My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bikes Wait

Wisps of February wave
while three bikes wait.

Windows squeak
like the seal of a jar.

Sunlight streams
striping the wall

Motes float like starlight and
spring is marching in.


Today the temps hit sixty. Ah, it was such a breath of freshness. The sun felt like butter on my skin when it came through my window. I walked outside for a moment at lunchtime and as I walked back in the doors I noticed three bikes parked. I imagined kiddos waking up this morning, checking the weather and running to grab their bike for school. A sure sign that spring is within reach.



4 comments:

  1. Spring did feel in reach today. I almost walked into a school without my jacket on this afternoon. (But then, I realized it was only 55 so I kept it on, but unzipped!) The promise of spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it was beautiful! And I can't wait for bike season to be here for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live the February days that feel like spring. Such hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to usher in Spring-with poetry. Betsy, would you consider offering your poem with a photo of the bikes lined up for my Winter Wonderland Gallery? See invitation at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2018/01/invitation-to-winter-wonderland-gallery.html.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!