My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Conference Week

It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks. Report cards and insurance claim work was last week. This week I've been focused on conference prep and meetings with parents. Conferences are always so tiring. Being ON all day with students and then remaining ON for parents is draining. I don't need to tell any other teacher about the work involved or the energy. We all know what conference week means. My friend Robin, over at Teaching Tomorrow's Leaders, put it perfectly the other day referencing the dirty dishes that pile, and extra coffee. 
I have witnessed both occur as the week unfolded. Dishes sat, meals were quick, and coffees were extra large. Shoulders are achy, my back is stiff, and my eyelids are much heavier. The weekend will be a welcomed getaway of sleep-ins, coffee sips (not gulps), and leisurely meals. 


2 comments:

  1. Those are the weeks that make the weekends that much better! I've wondered what it would be like to gather data about the ebbs and flows of the intense work of the year. Classroom teachers are always busy, always working hard... and then sometimes they are working even harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what makes this time of the year so busy but I feel it too. You are amazing and I am sure you'll make it. You're that kind of person. Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly and the weekend arrives with plenty of rest.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!