My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Snow Days for Days

We don't typically get a "mid-winter break" in my school district. However, it seems like the weather has inadvertently created just such a break.

I had plans this week, ideas to try, things we would accomplish. Instead, I have spent way more time in my pajamas than I thought I would and had a few extra boxes marked off on the to-do list.

There is a real bliss to snow days. I only hope my students are getting the same bliss I am. I have a warm home, plenty of food, water, people around me. I have everything I need.

I most likely won't see my students again until Friday, at the earliest. I have a feeling we will spend a good portion of the day talking about our snow day adventures. It should make for some really good storytelling and maybe some good story writing too.


1 comment:

  1. Betsy, your line, "There is a real bliss to snow days," speaks to me. I just saw photos of Yosemite shared by ABC's senior meteorologist that visually exemplify your quote. If you have a photo of snow in your locale, i would love to showcase it with your quote at my winter gallery, Winter's Embrace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!