My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Living


I'm not sure what to write about but I was looking at this blog a little bit today. Looking at the name and thinking about what it means. What does it mean to live my words? Is this about being honest? Is it about living every moment and not forgetting? What is it? What was I thinking when I wrote that name? I wonder a bit. Then I decided I would write a little poem about what I think it means. Maybe it is about living not just in the moment but hanging onto it a bit; letting the moments linger.

I'm living.
My words
are like waves
washing and wishing
splashing and dashing
white capping
and thrashing
as I walk
my path washes away
but my words
stay as vivid
as the sunset.

3 comments:

  1. I like your poem, Betsy. It reflects how I'm feeling about writing today, too. My words are so vibrant in my head, but when I tried to get them down 'on paper,' they weren't the same. They could've been anyone's words today. {Sigh.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. You've nailed the concept that our words - or our legacies - are what last, not the actions we do daily. It's interesting to step back and look at life that way instead of a microscope. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your poem, Betsy. It made me think about how even after we are gone, our words can linger. Perhaps to inspire, to comfort, or just to bring forth smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!