My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Sleep


Click, click, click...

Hmmph.

Roll.

Hmmph.

Sigh.

Roll.

Click, click, click...

Lap, lap, lap...

Groooooaaaaan...sigh. 

Roll.

It was a long night. One where it felt like I didn't sleep at all. I know that isn't true, but I was sure all I did was toss, turn, listen to the dog get up and walk around, toss, turn, listen to the dog get a drink. I could not get comfortable.

Hot.

Cold.

Blanket too lumpy.

Blanket too uneven.

No blanket.

Leg out.

Nothing worked.
I didn't dare check the time--ever!
I had no thoughts in my head.
No worries.
No dreams.
My mind was blank.
So tired yet unable to settle.

I'm looking forward to settling tonight. I have a plan.
Step one: Make a cup of sleepytime tea.
Step two: Read some poems from my favorite book by Mary Oliver.
Step three: Turn the lights off earlier.

Let's hope it works. I wish you all a good night's sleep.





4 comments:

  1. I love the short lines. I felt uncomfortable right along with you. I hope tonight's plan works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to hot and cold all night long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the restlessness! I hope you are already in bed and sleeping now! It's so hard to have a night like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finishing up (ever optimistic in my word choice here!) a string of restless nights, so I can fully and unhappily relate. I do hope your plan for a good night's sleep is effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!