My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo and Hummingbird Moments

NaBloPoMo August 2012
I saw lots of "sweet" things today. However the sweetest was a perspective of a full moon that I have never noticed before. In my backyard we have several trees. One in particular is a stand out as the moon was framed beautifully by its limbs tonight. I tried to photograph it and couldn't. This has happened before...when something amazing is right in front of me and I can't capture it with a camera, and yet, I can with words. Amy Ludwig Vanderwater from The Poem Farm told me (@ Teachers Write) I would see a "hummingbird" today and the whirring was the moon. My hummingbird moment was a full moon lighting my night.
Here is my photo, in my mind of course.

Moon
Swooning
Calling my eyes up.
Branches
Trapping you,
framed
And yet you'll escape by morning.


I am going to try out NaBloPoMo this month. The theme is sweet. You can sign up through August 5th!

2 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    I love how you framed the moon! "calling my eyes up"- as if in conversation! Thanks for sharing!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to say I'm so glad to have you with me on this NaBloPoMo journey. You comment meant so much. I'll be back, every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!