My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

We Deserve Treats

I recently started trying to make special treats to have at home more frequently. We all needed a little something sweet around here. 
Don't get me wrong, we have snacks with a little chocolate here or there, but we are not really a dessert kind of family. For both Shawn and I growing up, desserts and treats were special and not a daily occurrence. 
I decided to try a no-bake treat that I could easily make any day of the week. What I also love about this treat is I don't really need to measure anything. 
I start it off with some basic granola, probably 2 cups, a big glob of peanut butter, and a hefty drizzle of honey. More can be added if necessary. I also get to let off a little steam smashing some roasted peanuts. I could use my food processor, but instead, I smash them up. After some mixing, little scoops get pressed into a mini-muffin pan. With a spoon, I just pressed each down to make a little well.  
From there, a little melted peanut goes into the well, and they all go into the freezer. Then comes the melted dark chocolate on top and a little more time in the freezer. 


These treats are so yummy. Everything comes together. Peanut butter, chocolate, crispy, creamy, sweet, bitter, it's got it all, and we all love them. It's like a little mini dessert for any day of the week. 
What's your favorite little tasty treat these days?


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I read this, as I copied down the recipe because these tasty treats sound delicious. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, I'm five months pregnant, and your post had me salivating over here!! ;) These look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! My kids have been making treats way too often during this pandemic - so I don't need to add any, but this really looks good! Today my 11 year old made some vegan butterscotch topping for our dairy free ice cream... It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the action in this post--smashing, drizzling, pressing--a lot of sensory input with a sweet reward at the end. I am a fall-into-early spring baker (just gets too hot here in Central Texas to do much of that in the summer), but even that habit is practiced less and less as we move toward empty-nesting. I may have to try these, though--I'm a Reese's fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!