My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quick Write Poem--Character

 

I AM


I
am like a leaf.
Sunlight feeds my limbs.
I
am all alone.
Pine cones are my friends.
I
am curious,
a scavenger,
a thief.
I
am mysterious,
hidden, brave,
petite.
I
watch and wonder
everyday from my crypt.

You
will never see
all the crimes that
you commit.



Quick Write Tuesday:
Essentially, write about your character. Write a letter, poem, etc. about them. Deepen your knowledge of your character.
I went for the poem. I think my character is a rather poetic little creature and she should be swaddled in lovely words. I tried that here and had a really fun time doing this. I am enjoying this so much and think it might be the coolest thing I have ever done for myself (this whole writing camp)! I am waist deep in things to read, projects started, etc. But, I am not worried because I am really enjoying this part of my day. Thanks for reading.


10 comments:

  1. Interesting similes & a truthful conclusion. I enjoyed this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the crimes you commit-very mysterious! She(?) is sneaky I bet, but goodhearted somehow, liking pinecones & all. Hm-m!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the truth can be so blinding...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great little explosion of creativity. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the style. Very innovative, Betsy!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely & reminds me of some little creature that lives in Pine Trees...a red squirrel maybe? Either way, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my life - like you take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. now this was a surprising closure..smiles..nicely penned

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!