My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Celebrations!


Ruth Ayres from Discover. Play. Build. is starting a new movement, Celebration Link-Up. On each Saturday share your celebration(s) from the week, link it to her blog and comment on other celebrations shared.

One of my celebration from the week was seeing joy on my students faces. Sometimes we do the simplest things to find joy and leaf hunting was the ticket on Friday afternoon. We each went and found two leaves for leaf rubbing. Then students got creative with colors and designs. I wish I had taken a picture but instead I will invite you to go find a leaf and do a crayon rubbing yourself. It is bound to make you smile.

14 comments:

  1. It's still a favorite moment from my childhood experiences, finding those beautiful leaves! How wonderful you still do that, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love how teaching continually reminds me to be amazed by the world! Thanks for this reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to celebrate the small things in a world that seems to emphasize the big things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students have been obsessed by leaves. We really need to have our classes meet. We have been observing them as scientists. They would love to see how you have been working with them creatively.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picking colorful leaves or putting an acorn in a pocket transports me back to childhood. So little is needed for joy.
    On another note: Congratulations on becoming a TWT co-author!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to end your week! There are so many beautiful colors and textures in nature right now -- they make me so happy!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. On our way home this afternoon we just took a detour to see more of the fall leaves changing colors on the trees in our neighborhood. Your post made me think back to those moments! I am glad that you helped your students savor the season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betsy,
    Thanks for joining the celebration. You've inspired me -- on tomorrow's agenda is leaf rubbing. I can't wait to enjoy this simple pleasure with my family.
    Cheers!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy, I love that you take this special time with your students! You've inspired some wonderful memories for them, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, I wish I'd read your post earlier in the day. We took a walk to Taughannoch Falls today. I saw several children carrying leaves and wished I'd grabbed one to make a rubbing! Next Saturday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking there is a leaf hunt, observation and rubbing in our near future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A leaf rubbing is in our future! A bark rubbing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!