My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Confidence

Last week we were a day away from my oldest's road test. So I'll skip ahead and tell you he passed with flying colors before telling you the details. 

My youngest and I went to my classroom to pack (I had to re-pack in preparation for a move-a whole other story). I kept checking my watch.

"Jane, Did you hear from dad?"

"No, why?"

"I just wondered if they left yet--are they there--I don't know."

I got to work on a cupboard, then another, and before I knew it, time flew by. I had completely lost track of time. I looked at my watch, realizing it was near 2:30. The road test had been at 12:30. 

Oh no, why haven't I heard? I better call. No, I'll text. 

So, how did it go? 

Phone rings--"Hello? How did things go?"

"I passed!"

"That's awesome!

"Yeah, and I've got some stories."

When I got home, I got all the details of the test. One of which was, while on the bumper to bumper expressway, a semi began to merge, and the tester grabbed the wheel to avoid an accident. Elliot kept his cool and was not rattled.

After his test, he was able to go get his license from the Secretary of State. What a day! 

Over the past week, I've watched his confidence grow significantly. He's had a tough year with losses and adjustments that no kid should have to experience. But this, this experience has filled him back up, and I can see joy creeping into his days again. Tonight he took himself through a fast-food drive-thru. He got back home tonight like it was no big deal. What a great feeling. 



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Congrats to the new driver! In this year, it is good that something has happened that brings joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His life and yours will change forever. Sounds like you have more Slices stockpiled for the summer. Looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile from ear to ear. I'm so happy to hear that he passed his driving test!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!