My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 25, 2016

Day 25 of 31 #SOL16

Life is full of small victories. I was having a conversation with my sister today and we were sharing with each other some that have occurred recently. Though I won't share those victories here I felt like it was appropriate to write and record that they are happening. Sometimes big problems don't feel as though they will ever be solved. Sometimes big things take over our life. Tucked within those big problems that seem to overwhelm every fiber of our being there are small victories taking place. They are chipping away at the big problems. Once in a while it almost feels like real progress.

Today we colored eggs for Easter. One of the eggs cracked a bit while cooking. I left it out of the pile to be dyed. My daughter had other ideas. She took the little egg and dipped in many colors. Then she put it with the rest of them. A little later she asked if she could open it to see what happened on the underside of the shell. Both my kids marveled at their discovery of a web-like design on the egg.

Sometimes things that seem like a problem or unfixable are actually just waiting for their big moment to be amazing.


5 comments:

  1. And I love that children are the ones who always want to discover these things! I love your last line: Sometimes things that seem like a problem or unfixable are actually just waiting for their big moment to be amazing. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last sentence is awesome! Sounds like it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you took the miracle of the egg to mean something important in your life, Betsy. Wishing you more chips away at that big problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard sometimes to be patient as you wait for the outcome and never sure if it will be ok but then it seems all just rights itself. The egg analogy is perfect and sometimes so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard sometimes to be patient as you wait for the outcome and never sure if it will be ok but then it seems all just rights itself. The egg analogy is perfect and sometimes so true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!