My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Morning Drive


I was in the car on the way to work today when I saw old leaf litter blowing around in the wind. It was still a bit dark and the rain made things glisten a bit. I thought, for a second, I saw a butterfly, but it was just a leaf. This has happened to me before. Once I thought I saw a toad crossing the road on a wet leafy day, but it was just a leaf. I thought, oooo, this would make a great haiku, so I worked at it. I worked at it. I didn't like it and I still don't like any of it, but the final result is kind of humorous to me.


5   leaves are in disguise
7   as like fliterring butterflies
5   leafy wings of spring

7   drifts of colorless litter

7    a caterpillars canvas

5    stealthy littered wings

5    leaves are in disguise
7    like flittering butterflies
5    stealthy littered wings


5    flutter from the sky
7    a beautiful butterfly
5    nope, it's just a leaf












2 comments:

  1. Love seeing the process though! Everytime I see flutter things in the wind I am reminded of a plastic bag blowing across asphalt (American Beauty I think). Love that you played with poetry to capture the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this peek into your notebook! Seeing the process take shape is always fun. Thanks for sharing the whole process and not just the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!