My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Morning Drive


I was in the car on the way to work today when I saw old leaf litter blowing around in the wind. It was still a bit dark and the rain made things glisten a bit. I thought, for a second, I saw a butterfly, but it was just a leaf. This has happened to me before. Once I thought I saw a toad crossing the road on a wet leafy day, but it was just a leaf. I thought, oooo, this would make a great haiku, so I worked at it. I worked at it. I didn't like it and I still don't like any of it, but the final result is kind of humorous to me.


5   leaves are in disguise
7   as like fliterring butterflies
5   leafy wings of spring

7   drifts of colorless litter

7    a caterpillars canvas

5    stealthy littered wings

5    leaves are in disguise
7    like flittering butterflies
5    stealthy littered wings


5    flutter from the sky
7    a beautiful butterfly
5    nope, it's just a leaf












2 comments:

  1. Love seeing the process though! Everytime I see flutter things in the wind I am reminded of a plastic bag blowing across asphalt (American Beauty I think). Love that you played with poetry to capture the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this peek into your notebook! Seeing the process take shape is always fun. Thanks for sharing the whole process and not just the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete