My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Evening Smiles


Tonight I got to...

Listen to stories
Eat yummy food
Have real conversation
Smile
Laugh
Listen
and then laugh some more


One of my greatest influences as an educator was in town this week. When I first met Geri I was struck by the way she spoke to teachers and to children. There was a spirit that is rarely found in human beings and she had it. I decided then and there I wanted to do everything I could to create environments around myself where I would never stop growing. Watching a passionate educator decades past me in her career still walk with the passion of a learner helped me realize I would never be able to stop if I wanted my flame to stay lit. It started with a meeting and my then curriculum director brought her to us. I thank him for seeing something that we needed and being an agent of change. It continued as relationships grew and connections were made. Tonight I got to listen, laugh, and learn and my gratitude is overflowing.

2 comments:

  1. Such a refreshing night, especially coming on the heels of a long week. She is an inspiration, for sure. Now...let's get working on the pocket-sized version. I think we could all benefit from that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a wonderful evening! I enjoyed hearing about your smiles. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!