My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

New Routine

Since March began and slicing season was in full force, my own two children have been more intrigued. They are almost 11 and 13, and this is the first year I feel like they really understand what it is and have noticed a little more about the process.
My daughter has been especially interested. She loves when I come in her room at tuck-in time and read several slices to her. I tend to click randomly, finding some of the later day slicers. I read her my comment and then go on to the next.
It's very different from listening to her read or sharing a book with her. It's little bits of life. I have been able to share so many wonderful stories and pieces of our community with her. I'm so happy she gets to participate in this way, as a listener.


3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that they are interested in hearing your thoughts. I think that this will definitely instill the inspiration to write and life long learning in your children more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Betsy! It's so nice that your kids are interested in the writing and commenting you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Janie is interested in the slices. Perhaps she'll join Larkin as a mother-daughter Slicing team.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!