My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Bits and Pieces

I've been on my computer multiple times today for multiple reasons. Every time I sat down to start a new task, I would say, "I should probably get my slice done and then work on x, y, or z." I would start, and then I would stop and work on the other task.

It began with a story about the new graphic novel Anne of Green Gables and how I loved watching those PBS specials as a kid. Now the story is written in a graphic novel format, and my daughter loves it.

Time passed, and I sat down again. This time I was listening to my son practice his cornet. As I was listening, I thought I would write about how much he has grown this year. I don't just mean in inches but in other areas too. His sound on that cornet is getting so good I can almost hear his pride with each note.

Late this afternoon I had to run out to the hardware store to return a garage door opener. As I drove there and back, a pretty short trip, I thought about writing a poem describing the maze-like dodging that takes place on Michigan roads right now. Some of the potholes on side streets around here are just downright dangerous. The lines whipped around in my head but never made it to a page or post.

This evening I talked with my sister on the phone. We were catching up and talking about lots of different topics, some of which cycled around world events. She talked about tackling her own causes to make the world a better place.

So many stories. Tomorrow I may write about geese in v-formation. I'm hoping to see some. That story was circling in my head today too but for different reasons. Until then these little bits and pieces will do just fine.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, bits and pieces are more than fine, Betsy. They are the fabric of daily living creating the stories of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words, "bits and pieces" remind me of patchwork quilts. Beautiful and very purposeful when stitched together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!