My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Sunday, March 14, 2021

A Surprise

Not wanting to break the streak of purposeful outdoor time every day, I took a walk in my backyard tonight. It wasn't a walk that got my heart rate up, but it was good for my soul. 

I started out the door at dusk. Cassie was on my heels, of course. I tossed a toy once in a while to get her going while I snuck out the back gate. It was quiet. I could hear some crackling in my neighbors burn barrel and the snap of twigs under my boots. Otherwise, there was only silence. 

When I hit the edge of the woods, I heard a woosh above, followed by a screech. Several screeching calls followed as a red-tailed hawk circled above the treetops. I stood and watched. I think my presence had upset the hawk, and it was making its frustration clear. 

I wondered what other surprises might be out and about. Reminding myself it was getting darker, I walked just far enough to see if the snowdrops were still blooming and then headed back to the house. A simple stroll, a little surprise, but mostly just the fresh air I needed.





2 comments:

  1. It has been nice here for a few days, but snow is coming. It is nice to take a quiet walk but watch out for those hawks! They are everywhere around where I am !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true slice of nature and fresh air and I wrote about sound tonight too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!