My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Changes


My steps are heavy. It's later than usual, and we require a walk before the day completely evaporates. Cassie,  our pup, seems even more curious and delighted by the darkness. 

We walk into shadows carved around the light posts. The crunch of leaves beneath her feet the loudest sound, only matched by the laughter of a teenage boy and his always silly dad.

Space stretches between us as the puppy pulls, and I go with it, forcing stops every few steps to redirect and try again. 

As we reach the turnaround, we are in near-complete darkness. Retracing our steps home, I hand off the leash and noticing come into focus. The street lamp's light spreads back into view. I become curious about what is illuminated. A final patch of snow, remnants of a season transitioning. A boy and his dog, both growing up. 



3 comments:

  1. I love the images in your post. The last line, I'm tearing up here! I like how you juxtapose the transitioning of the season with the "A boy and his dog, both growing up," another sort of transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect way to end the day! Loved the imagery 'shadows carved around the light posts'. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!