My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Cones


This week my son is taking driver's training courses. It's just for the week and is basically a recap of what he did about a year ago. We've been doing lots of practicing the past several months. Night driving, day driving, rain, snow, ice, highway, back roads, you name it, we've done it. Well, I should say, we've almost done all the things you can name. There is one thing we haven't practiced, and that is parallel parking. 

We were planning to go practice this past weekend, and time got away from all of us. We did, however, manage to pick up some cones. This way, we can turn any parking lot into an ideal practice zone. 

When I learned to parallel park, whatever my instructor taught me really stuck. I've always been a confident parallel parker. I know that not everyone is. I'm hoping to pass along the confidence. It's a good skill and an important one to do well. 


4 comments:

  1. This slice reminds me a time my sister and I were parking to head down to the beach. She asks, "what do you think is the fewest attempts it has ever taken anyone to parallel park?" "Uh, one," I respond someone sarcastically. We laughed and still talk about that to this day. Your son will master this skill because he has a confident teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read this because my daughter just passed her driver's test on Saturday! After finally re-practicing parallel parking... with my husband. i'm a terrible parallel parker -- and will go out of my way to avoid it. I can only do it if I really really have to. We watched a youtube video of it though - and that really helped her! Good luck with the practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated parallel parking when I was was learning to drive, and I was never comfortable with it. To this day I avoid it at all costs! Haha! I hope that your confidence rubs off on your son and that he becomes as good at it as his mother! :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you pass along your skills! I can parallel park, but prefer not to. My dad was an ace parallel parker. When our kids were learning to drive, we practiced in the admin parking lot and used trash bins to mark the spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!