My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Kids Mess Up: Day 5




It was another busy morning. I often start my day with several students popping in and out within a minute or two of my arrival. Most of the time, they look to see who is already there; other times, they want to talk to me. 

I have ten to twelve regulars who are a mix of former students, current students, and soon-to-be students. They hang out on my couch, laugh, giggle, and talk about their day, usually with a heavy dose of teenage angst. I give out side hugs, smiles, and advice when asked. It's always an excellent way to start the day. 

I don't have a first-hour class, so I was asked to cover a sixth-grade class without a sub on this particular day. I'd like to have closed up my room, but students were still streaming in and out, getting their books or materials for classes that live in my classroom. Instead of locking up, I left and walked down a few hallways to the other classroom so I would arrive on time. 

First hour came and went, and I was returning to my classroom. I walked in to find this:

My end table that is next to my couch.

It was a head shaker. I wondered if any students would come to talk to me about it, but none have. It's a bummer but fixable. I hope we can determine what happened so a conversation can occur. Luckily, it was a thrift find and doesn't hold sentimental value. Many of my students love using that table for a workspace, so they are the ones losing out. I think the kids themselves will be the ones who get to the bottom of this mystery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love!