My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Monday, March 18, 2024

Phenomenon: Day 18

I found myself entering the tube today. The MRI tube. 
My shoulder needed imaging to determine a cause for the pain I've been experiencing. Although I've had an MRI on two other occasions, it's always quite a phenomenon. 

I lay there wondering how it all works. I know it's magnets and waves, but it's so strange. 

You lay there. The noises are so bizarre, unlike anything else. It's the most alien $#!% you've ever experienced. But you just keep laying there, like it's the most normal thing. They say, "Only five more minutes," and it feels like forever, but you lay still, avoiding the little itches on your face and the fact that breathing feels like too much movement. You wonder if you'll cough or feel the need to sneeze. You just lay there, waiting for it to end. Then...it does. You go on about your day like it's the most normal thing. 


3 comments:

  1. I compare the noise inside an MRI to being a tennis shoe, no, a hammer, inside a dryer! I don't understand how it works either. I'm always grateful for the music they offer me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your shoulder gets better soon! Pain is no fun.

      Delete
  2. Betsy, it is always a phenomenon that I stay within the MRI can without wanting to scream. I never wondered about the mechanics and mechanisms of the machine. I only wanted time to move on quickly without intense anxiety making me feel nervous. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!