My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Posture Poses: Day 30

As I get older, I find my posture suffers more and more. While I was getting physical therapy for my shoulder recently, I was also given a few posture exercises to try. Being more aware has helped a lot, but over break, I haven't been as good about keeping up with exercise. Today, I tried finding additional exercises for my posture that would help me feel renewed. It was seriously helpful. 

I started with some basic warmups for my neck. I realized many of my muscles were tighter than I thought. Loosening and warming them up felt really good. Next up was a really odd-looking chin tuck that did a lot more stretching than the one I had been doing. It felt amazing. Using a towel, I did an extension strengthening exercise. This one was good, too, but the last stretch was by far the most challenging. 

If you need a solid 5-10 minute posture routine, I really like this one. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I catch myself slouching often these days--I'm excited to have some exercises to remind me to pay attention to my body. Your descriptions of what you did have me excited to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!