My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Pizza Sunday: Day 3


We watched a lot of football this past season. In particular, the Detroit Lions. It was fun to get huddled around the TV and cheer them on. With each passing game, my game-day food got better and better. I found a Rhodes Rolls pizza recipe in my search for variety and comfort. I have since changed it to be more of a deep-dish style pizza, becoming a Sunday staple. 

Today was no different. This morning, I started my dough on the counter to thaw and rise. Olive oil gave it an excellent gloss, and my favorite part came this afternoon when I punched all the dough down. Putting the sauce, toppings, and cheese onto the soft dough, it went into the oven. After about thirty minutes, the top was crusty, and the edges golden brown. I don't actually eat this pizza; I made a dairy and meat-free version for myself. However, I am always so excited by how the cheesy one looks. My family loves how it tastes. 
How the yellow peppers are baked into that cheese makes it look like focaccia bread. 


3 comments:

  1. Sunday Football dinners are the best! Your pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine Sunday tradition! There's a good soccer game on tonight if you're looking for a football substitution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Sunday tradition of pizza and football which could easily transition to pizza and family time (games, puzzles, movies). That pizza looks absolutely delicious and you bake it with love for your family (even though you can't eat it)! You made my mouth water with the picture and these words: "The top was crusty and the edges golden brown."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!