My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 1, 2024

The Season of Sickness: Day 1

I'm just over here

holding my breath.

I hear the sniffs.

I hold my breath.

You cough.

I hold my breath.

Throat clearing to a beat

I hold my breath,

With hope, maybe

My breath holding

will allow my escape.


Two of the four of us are sick, and I'm over here trying to keep that number from growing. I know escaping illness, when it is permeating your space, can be challenging. However, I'd like to somehow dodge this virus that has its grip on my husband and youngest. They both sound awful, so miserable and tired. 

I'll continue as many immunity-boosting methods as possible while throwing boxes of tissues and decongestants from a safe distance. Are you staying healthy during this season of sickness?




2 comments:

  1. We have so many "yucks" going around at school. Thank goodness we have avoided it. I hope you continue to avoid it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear your worries and your concerns. Long ago, I think about how my daughter congratulated herself in front of her school nurse for becoming sick on a Friday afternoon...sigh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!