My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Michigan: Day 19

Like my whole life, it has felt that the weather in Michigan is constantly a big joke. I hear it in conversations all the time, no matter the season. 

"It's Michigan; what do you expect?"
"Is that snow? It was just sunny out."
"Do we need coats for recess today?"
"That's Michigan for yah."
"It was so nice out today. It was almost 45 degrees!"

Do people in other states talk about Michigan weather as much as Michiganders talk about Michigan weather? I was contemplating this on my drive to work today. It was 29 degrees out, and since I had a cardigan on, I forwent the coat. I needed gas. I pumped gas in below-freezing temps and felt chilled. I was fine. I don't think this is normal. 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the weather! I am fascinated by the clouds and the wind...don't even get me started on a summer storm. So I most certainly talk about the weather a bunch! I'm in Virginia and while we do not have the winters you do, we have the crazy up and downs throughout the season. This weekend it was a beautiful, sunny, 70 degrees. Now we have below freezing mornings again. Not that this is drastic, but it has been much worse. And I can confirm...not normal to be fine in 29 degree weather! I would have whizzed right by that gas station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think the weather in Dammam nowadays is quite unpredictable, desert and rain don't match.. but here is the way now. Has Michigan always been a crazy weather place?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!