My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Snowdrops: Day 13

Each March, I have my favorite signs of spring, and they are always slice-worthy. One of my favorite signs each year is the snowdrops that pop up in bunches. I trek out to the far back woods behind my house, walk the trail a short way, and start to look. 

These delicate flowers are so simple. Like little bells, they hang with just a few little white petals. The green leaves spring out of the ground like a nest. They are so soft and flowy. In the wind, the blooms bob while the leaves sway. So much movement as light flickers through them. 

I'm always worried I'll miss them. Last year, I only saw a few of the last flowers. Lucky me, this time, I saw several bunches. 

Seeing these flowers brings me a burst of happiness.





1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard of or seen snowdrops. They sound lovely, and I'm glad you caught a glimpse of some of them this year. I'm always on the look out for those early harbingers of spring. I often miss ranunculus because they too come out early and are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!