My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Building a Pile

Looking out the window, I could see the magnitude was uncountable. We would all need to lend a hand.
Putting on some older shoes, warm-ish clothes, and a pair of gloves we all headed out.
It became a challenge, how many could we each take at a time? No one was actually counting, but each one added to my hand felt like I was leveling up. Then there were the ones that practically took up my whole hand or needed to be dragged.
Each time my hand was full, it was back to the pile to see how far I could throw them to get them to the top.
As we got down to those remaining, every once in a while I would grab one, and it would be attached to something much bigger gripped to the ground with tangled waves of last year's growth. The ripping was quite satisfying.

By the end, we had a pile. I wish I had a picture.
Any idea what I spent part of my day picking up?


3 comments:

  1. Was it bamboo? I watch my neighbors each year tackle the bamboo stand so it doesn't take over the whole backyard. Anyway, it sounds like it was really satisfying work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... our ground is still covered in snow, so I'm having trouble envisioning anything else... last year's leaves, left unraked before the first snow came? Pebbles or rocks? Wait - maybe branches or twigs? Hmm... I love puzzles like these; makes me think of Emily Dickinson's riddle poems. I wonder if I'm on the right track...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought of leaves but, it isn't leaves. I think I am going to go with sticks?
    I can't wait until our snow melts so I can pick up many things in my yard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!