My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Dulling my Edges

I have been feeling my edges lately.
I do not enjoy when my edges come to such a surface level.
I normally have so much tolerance.
But when my edges surface my tone sharpens.
When my edges surface my face hardens
before I can stop it.
I don't like my edges to show.
Their purpose--moot.

The sun was shining.
I was alone in the car.
I almost rolled down the window
47 degrees, eh--not quite. 
Music was playing on the radio.
Slowly the music got louder and louder.
I cranked it higher and higher.
I think it dulled my edges a bit.
Driving in the sunshine.
Blaring some "who knows what" music.

Arriving home,
more music,
Tiny Desk concerts on public radio.
I'm a bit more centered.
I'm feeling fuzzier already with
compassion,
patience,
and care.
I was ready to dull these edges.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, I can fully relate to the way you started your day. I like the way you described sharp edges as something that need to be softened or smoothed. And music sure helps to do that! Thanks for sharing and hope your day ended up fully fuzzy and dull!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!