My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Is There Anything More Exhilarating?

I just...just, finished report cards. I suddenly have this feeling of freedom.
I was finding myself thinking, there is nothing more exhilarating!
Then I thought, um...yes there is.

It is really something how I find myself often completely wrapped up in everything that is education, my students, late phone calls to parents, adjusting lesson plans, finishing report cards, mapping out data. It feels like everything is revolving around my work life yet here I sit, my daughter across from me, eating a late dinner because I "had no time."

It makes me a little uneasy. I am going to get back to a balance, but at the moment I'm tipping the scale way too far and I probably need to pump the breaks a bit.

There are many things more exhilarating than finishing report cards and I have three of those things in my home with me right now.

3 comments:

  1. Your post is so true of all working parents. It's hard to balance and sometimes the balance tips! Spend some special time with each of your special miracles this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wise to recognize the beauty and exhileration that comes from being surrounded by your family.

    Do you have spring break sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,
    It sounds like it has been quite busy. Though I sit on the other side of parenting my children, I still can feel that constant quest for balance between the work I love and my children who are the world to me. When I read, "here I sit, my daughter across from me, eating a late dinner because I 'had no time.'" What caught my attention was the fact that you were sitting across from your daughter. No matter how busy it seems, isn't it a gift to have our children across the table. Thanks for sharing your story. May you find some time to take of you.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!