My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Foot Rubs

When I was younger, my mom and I used to rub each other's feet. We'd stretch our legs out toward each other and give each other a foot rub. At one point, we even started learning about reflexology and trying to find particular areas to apply pressure for sinus relief or stomach pain. I was never really sure if we were doing it right or if it worked, but it got me more foot rubs!

My mom and I both still like a good foot rub. There is something quite relaxing about it, and my feet are always tired.

Now my daughter and I have taken up the tradition. Tonight we got home from school a bit later than usual. Both of us were on the couch reaching our feet out to the other. Without saying a word, we both started. It was short lived but a good end to a long day.


4 comments:

  1. This made me smile! I had to visit this post because of the title, and your first lines drew me in because my mom and I did the same thing! And like you and your daughter, my daughter and I have carried on the tradition as well. Yay for foot rubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a tradition I can get behind! Nice! My daughter and I tend to brush each others hair instead, which is so relaxing and calming. I don't think the tradition matters so much as the time spent together...it's those times that we remember later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!