My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Just Enough

Sitting here at my desk a bit of evening sunshine is reaching through the blinds and warming up the air around me. I look around this classroom and it feels so "lived" in now. I've been in this section of the building for four years. It's been a very different space from my kindergarten and first grade teacher days.

I remember when I first began "moving" in I didn't have time to really explore everything that was here, left, or necessary. I was also struggling to part with things I had held onto for many years. What if I was moved back to kindergarten? What if I didn't like third grade? Questions swirled and uncertainty lingered for a while. It's less now and I have less "things" to part with as they've already made there way somewhere by now.

Eight and nine-year olds seem to have a special place in my heart these days. I would describe them as just the right amount of curiosity, wonder, and spark with a touch of silliness and unpredictability. They keep me on my toes but I don't mind because they pay me back with hugs and just enough paintings, drawings, and notes to make it all worthwhile.



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when you find your teaching sweet spot? Mine is Kindergarten, but I know how good that feels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling oh, so well. What a great feeling to end the day with! Looking around and feeling like home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!