My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Showtime

As I entered the doors near the auditorium, I was met with many smiles. I walked, passing parents, grandparents, and siblings eagerly waiting. As I got closer to the hallway on the other side of the auditorium, I could hear the squeals.

The energy was high. There was bouncing, hopping, wall pushing, and most of all pure glee! My class was SO excited to perform for their families. They had their recorders at the ready around their necks, and their best outfits on.

As I struggled to reign in their attention, we slowly began to get into concert line-up. I kept signaling students with calming gestures--breath--center--calm body. I watched them all relax a bit before starting to walk toward the entrance.

There's something about entering a packed auditorium. You could feel the anticipation!
Showtime.

2 comments:

  1. I love the calming gestures. These types of experiences stick with students for life. Cheers to a successful concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a concert tonight too. I was with a fifth grade class. Not my class. I wish I had remembered to breathe with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!