My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 22, 2019

Winding Down

As the week comes to a close, I’m winding down and eating a late dinner. My parents made an unexpected visit to celebrate my daughter’s birthday a bit early. They were nearby, which is rare, so it worked out nicely.

After they left, I realized I hadn’t eaten. And I was starving! Funny how that happens. You sort of forget you’re hungry due to distractions and then suddenly it’s like you’ve never eaten before. 

To celebrate my hunger, I made myself some of my favorite roasted veggies and spicy noodles topped with salted pepitas. Now I smell it, and I’ve pulled up my favorite books from the library to see what’s on the menu for next week! I decided I would get my slice done first so I could sit back a bit and enjoy the food. It's an excellent motivator.

I’m winding down before things rev up again! 




1 comment:

  1. I have had that sensation of being too distracted to eat and then becoming hungry so suddenly that I almost bottom out completely. It's sort of alarming how much time can go by and that we don't even think to eat, or have time! Ah, books and a favorite meal - who could ask for more? And that line "to celebrate my hunger" was just too fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!