My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Timeless Toy

I opened up a book of Mary Oliver poems today. An old bookmark fell out. It is a bookmark I think I've written about before. Funny thing, I always put it in a Mary Oliver book because I know I'll always re-find it there. 

I read a little poetry. Then I looked at the bookmark. It was a gift from my mom. I'm not sure what age I was when I got it and I don't remember where it came from. She would probably remember. 

As I stared at the bookmark, the words, "My Teddy Bear Loves Me" reminded me of my teddy bears as a kid. I had a few, my favorites being Cindy (she was a yellow-ish teddy bear) and Boo-Boo (he went with me everywhere). 

Teddy bears are such a timeless toy. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Betsy, it is wonderful when a piece from the past surfaces and allows time to reflect-timeless toy, timeless thoughts! Have a wonderful springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hide things in my favorite books to find later. Sometimes a note from myself or something else I wrote. I’ve even left receipts or things to look back on. This is a sweet slice full of memories and it shows some of the things that are important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any day that includes Mary Oliver is a better day. Thanks for the reminder and the tender memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, love teddy bears, they are timeless and so huggable! I was almost going to write about teddy bears for a slice and then something else came up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, and knowing what I know about how much you've lost recently makes it even more meaningful. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of teddy bears. I think I like bear books more than my kids do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!