My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 8, 2019

These Two

My kids.
I can hardly believe 
how grown up they are. 
The things they are experiencing—
it astounds me.

The other day a colleague came in to visit with her newborn and toddler. Though she has two boys I felt like I was looking in a mirror for a moment. This tiny baby and a little boy all cheeks and smiles on her lap snacking from a cup. Those days were so amazing and awesomely hard. 
Then I look at these two and I’m blown away. All we’ve done. All we’ve been through. All there is to come. It’s exciting! (Also, a bit terrifying at times.) 



4 comments:

  1. It is astounding how fast they grow up, isn't it. Love this slice - nicely put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and simple, but speaks to my mama heart. My little one is still quite little, but already time is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been deep in this feeling lately too. It really is incredible how true every single cliche is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It goes by so fast... even with those days that go so slowly. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!