My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Cold Rain Smiles

This weekend my husband Shawn and I somehow ended up getting to go to the same literacy conference together. We don't work in the same district so it is a rare occasion something pops up for both of us. I've been looking forward to eating meals together, OUT.

Tonight we decided we would try and venture a couple blocks to grab some dinner and downtime. The weather was a bit questionable, but we decided we would brave it anyway. Shawn had mentioned to me earlier that there was a KISS concert in town. I hadn't really thought about the impact it might have on our ability to eat. Nor did I consider how people who would normally stand in line for a concert might adjust for the weather conditions. Many took refuge in nearby restaurants. Who can blame them?

As I began to realize we were not going to find a restaurant with less than a 90-minute wait I also realized we were probably doomed to make the walk back to the hotel in the cold splitting wind.

I will say, it was quite a sight to see these fans. I saw little kids with detailed face paint, some fans in full KISS apparel (I hope that wasn't actually KISS walking the streets because I missed a huge opportunity if it was), and we saw a lot of very happy people smack in the middle of some pretty awful weather conditions. 

So, I've realized that even cold wind and rain can't get everybody down. I couldn't help but smile in the misery as well. 

8 comments:

  1. Even when the weather is bleak, there are still things to make us smile. Thanks for reminding me on this cold, wet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that KISS fans are quite passionate! Thanks for the smile and the reminder that even a date night gone wrong can yield a post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much for your quiet night out, but at least you had some eye catching neighbors! From your teaser I thought KISS was going to be "keep it simple stupid" so it took a bit for my brain to shift:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you tweet from the conference today, so I searched for your name to see what you wrote. We had the same experience at dinnertime. I'm pretty sure I can hear bits of the drums and bass from my hotel room right now. What a day, and what a night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also saw some of those KISS fans. The ones that surprised me were the families with young kids...all wearing their KISS gear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A KISS concert and a literacy conference? Well, that could make for multiple slices!! :) I glad you were able to pick the positive from this mass of cold, yet excited rockers! And, I hope you found a warm meal somewhere out there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were you, I would have been sooooo tempted to skip a session and go to the KISS show! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, I'm a rule-follower, so I would only be tempted. I wouldn't ACTUALLY skip a session to go to the KISS show... just to be clear! LOL : )

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love!