My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 16, 2019

I Heard You

The last few days have been teasingly nice at times. We still managed to have some crazy winds, rain, and tornadoes in Michigan this week but more bizarre, there was sun. I was putting my coat in the backseat at the end of the school day. I was feeling rays of warmth on my cheek and this made me happy even if it was only 45 degrees outside.

I woke up this morning ready-ing myself to head out for the morning. It was a balmy 30 degrees (wink) but I wasn't feeling my winter coat so I threw on a hoody and grabbed my purse.  I opened the garage and stopped dead in my tracks at the sound.

D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d
D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d
D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d

Tiptoeing to the edge I saw snow-covered blades of green attempting to regain a place in the world.



D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d
D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d
D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d

My eyes dart up.
Where is it? Is that what I think it is?

D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d
D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d
D-D-D-D-d-d-d-d-d-d

I stood in my driveway and stopped.
I listened.
I would be late.




3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't normally comment on my own post, but I just realized that on March 10 of 2012, I took this video--apparently I am consistent in my wonder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKH2D3xSVI&list=UUx-rA1hqYuyu24OsSj401Xg&index=59

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I had a very similar experience in Syracuse, New York this morning. The snow has melted (two 60 degree days in a row), but today, we are back in the 30s and it is currently snowing. It has only snowed an inch, but the grass is covered. Ugh! I can't wait to see it again soon. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are back in town! Spring is on its way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!