My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 20, 2020

Right Now

I think today I'm going to re-organize my office area in our basement. Which really means, in three days, I'll get right on that. If I'm honest with myself.

I keep making lists and plans for myself, and then other things take precedent, not a big deal.
But, I do actually really hope I can get to this space today.

I have no projects in mind right now. Maybe that's a good thing. I had some before, they spiraled into big projects that ended up fizzling. Good processes to go through, growing processes, but difficult to re-examine, reflect on, and then jump back into.

It also feels like a silly time to focus on something other than the daily present life events. I imagine and watch as everyone scrambles to put together distance learning support and plans. People are pulled to help, I get that. Especially those of us used to helping and being needed. It can also feel a bit reactive as opposed to responsive.

Maybe in the coming days, I'll be feeling more equipped to respond in some way from my desk. Right now, though, I feel like talking to my mom too much, rubbing my daughter's feet, watching my son run, and listening to my husband's crazy singing/dancing routines.


5 comments:

  1. It takes a while to make this shift. Give yourself time - reports from a far say to give yourself a few weeks to get into the start of a new routine. We will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I think being close to family is so important now. Re-organizing yuor office seems like a good place to start. I have been trying to do that for several days. I want to thank you for adding my Modern Day Fairytale in the Be Inspired section of Two Writing Teachers today. I am truly honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of being reactive rather than responsive is a very astute observation. This is uncharted work. I have found, after four whole days of distance learning, that the best thing to do is connect with my kiddos. Academic learning is so far down the list. Which isn't so far off from what we need do in class. Social-emotional must come first. As does talking to your mom and being with your family. Having a strong emotional base is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family contact, words and touch, gives strength. I feel strangely calm now that my daughter and I are both at home during distance learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have lots of great distractions, I'm sure you'll get into a routine at some stage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!