My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Monday, March 9, 2020

Where Are You?

I've read posts, tweets, and slices about people seeing their first robin of spring. Now I realize it isn't technically spring, so maybe I have some time and shouldn't be too concerned. However, this time of year I tend to get really vigilant in trying to find my first robin of the year.
Where will I be?
When will I see it?
Will I hear one first or see one first?

I thought for sure I would see one this past weekend.
Nope.
It's a bit lighter outside on our drive to school, so surely I'll see one while stopped or somewhere on our way.
Nope.
No robins for me yet.
For me, seeing a robin is a true turning point. It is a sign and symbol of sunny days ahead. Assurance of warmth to come as more birds re-enter my living spaces.
I can't help but wonder when my robin will find me.


4 comments:

  1. I saw cardinals in my yard this past weekend and your right no robins here. I missed a day and just caught up with two post with the first being about birds and early morning walk...they do bring us hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that robin makes its appearance soon. I always look for the birds as well. I saw a pair of swans Friday on my way to work. The redwing blackbirds have returned. Yes, I did see a robin last week as well. All good signs that spring will soon find its way to northern Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to see one last week when I took the kids out to observe any signs of animals at school. He was trying hard to hid in the pine tree but we spotted his red breast. We were in awe. I think we all were excited to see the first sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mid-Missouri has robins, cardinals, and today, turkey buzzards. That means winter is over, and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!