My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

A Day of Wrestling: SOLSC 23 of 31

Today has started off as a day of wrestling. Not the, pin them to the mat kind. Instead, it's the, making my brain hurt kind. My day began with the need for some intense parenting. Then I listened to some of what I'd missed regarding the supreme court confirmation hearings of Ketanji Brown Jackson. This caused both bewilderment at some of the questions posed and was quickly replaced with awe and pride witnessing the patience and integrity of Judge Jackson. Then I wondered into thoughts of tackling the pantry today or reading my new book Culture As Weapon by Nato Thompson. Am I in the mood for mindless progress or thoughtful progress? I'm not sure. I'm sometimes just not sure about a lot of things. Do we just need to wrestle with thought and then accept that what is, is, and what isn't, isn't? 

I'm sitting here wrestling with what to focus my attention on at this moment, and the answer is not clear. There are more profound things at work here in this mind of mine. Sometimes I wonder if my intent on thinking things over, if the process of reasoning with turmoil, if it is burning away my abilities to sustain such thought. And I suppose, lucky for me, the answer is also not a sentence to some binary consequence. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wrestle daily! Love how you captured your battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wrestling with the thoughts. Sometimes many thoughts come at the same time and it's had to catch the tail of any of them. I admire how from the wrestling of thoughts a well-written post emerged as the winner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!